(UPDATE JULY 10th…the information in this update below superceeds any other information on our website that pertains to wearing of masks in the church building while the Ohio Department of Health order is in effect that MASKS ARE REQUIRED in public in Fairfield County.
We just wanted to bring you up to speed, if you haven’t already heard, on the recent orders from the Ohio Department of Health that states MASKS ARE REQUIRED IN PUBLIC in Fairfield County. This is due to Gov. Mike DeWine’s announcement that any county designated “Red Level 3…” in the state’s alert system used to identify high-rish counties for COVID-19 would be required to wear a mask in public. Fairfield County is currently designated Red Level 3. Exemptions include those with a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, children under the age of 10, as well as an officiant of a religious service (or in our case the pastor & worship team when on stage).
Please bring your mask if you plan to come this Sunday and wear it at all times while in the building. If you forget to bring one or if you need one, masks are available when you enter Door B. **end UPDATE)
We have a phrase we’ve been saying lately and it’s “We’re ready when you’re ready.” We understand that how and when you choose to attend a live service again is going to be different for everyone…and that is OKAY! As the Governor begins to re-open the state, with new safety protocols in place, the Leadership Team has decided that we feel we can follow the guidelines from our Governor as well as the CDC and begin the process to gather safely together again. If you gather with us on Sunday mornings, please arrive between 9:45 and 10am and enter through Door B. Worship begins at 10am. When you enter the building, please use the sanitizing station, put on a mask that is provided if you didn’t bring one, maintain 6′ social distancing and make your way to the sanctuary and find a seat. We encourage you to fellowship before and after the service outside.
Our staff put together a video to help you know what to expect if you choose to join us this Sunday, or any future Sunday. You can watch that above or click HERE. PARENTS, you will also want to watch this video from our Children’s & Youth Director, Catherine Burleigh.
If you would like to join us for a Sunday service in our building, we ask that, EVERY WEEK, one person from your household RSVP here so we know how many people to expect. Include the number that plan to attend the service in the sanctuary, as well as those that plan to attend one of our Children’s or Jr. High Youth classes. Please keep in mind that between now and then, if you or anyone in your family isn’t feeling well in the days leading up to our Sunday gathering, we ask that the whole family stay home for the safety of those choosing to attend our Sunday service.
PARENTS: Children’s & Youth Sunday Classes for The Grove (those entering grades K-5th) as well as Rooted Youth (those entering 6-8) have resumed. These classes have been added to our RSVP system on our website. The classes will be modified as to comply with CDC guidelines for childcare facilities. A quick health screening along with a temperature check for K-5th will be required upon arrival. Jr High students will worship with their family in the sanctuary and be dismissed to class after announcements. Busy Bags are provided for younger children attending the service with their parents. Also, the Cry Room, Sprouts (Nursery) and Saplings (Preschool) rooms will continue to be open, with TV’s streaming the live service, for parents with children younger than Kindergarten to use as needed.
Watch this video to know “What to Expect” for Children’s Check-In…
It will certainly look and feel a little bit different than before. Even so, we are excited to begin gathering again with those of you who are ready! For those of you who are not quite ready, we are committed to continue hosting a high quality online experience as well. Our online pre-service begins at 10am and joins our live service around 10:20am each Sunday morning on Facebook and YouTube. A lesson for Life Kids (ages preschool-5th grade) will continue to be posted weekly on our YouTube channel. We encourage families to utilize this wonderful resource to help grow up your children in the Lord! After the live broadcast, all messages will be posted on our website for you to watch anytime!
We want to thank you in advance for your grace as we walk through these strange and ever-changing days TOGETHER!
Thanks and continue to be safe! We’ll see you soon – – online, or in person!
Mitch and Lara
Here are a few precautions we’ve implemented, and other important items to note, that may or may not be mentioned in the video:
- Service time is 10am. If you gather with us on Sunday mornings, please arrive between 9:45 and 10am and enter through Door B. Worship begins at 10am. When you enter the building, please use the sanitizing station, put on a mask that is provided if you didn’t bring one, maintain 6′ social distancing and make your way to the sanctuary and find a seat. We encourage you to fellowship before and after the service outside.
- The atrium and sanctuary are set-up in such a way to help maintain the 6ft social distancing recommendations. You’ll notice X’s on the floor every 6 ft as soon as you enter Door B and all the way down the hallway. As you enter, stay to the left if you’re headed to the sanctuary and stay to the right if you’re headed to Children’s Check-In. Once you’re in the sanctuary, you’ll see every other row is roped off to maintain social distancing front to back and we ask that as you are seated with those in your household at the ends of the rows, please leave 3-4 seats between you and the next household. At the conclusion of service, the Ushers will dismiss by rows starting from the back to the front. We ask that you make your way out Door C and fellowship outside.
- There are multiple hand-sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- We are recommending that everyone wear a mask when coming and going, and when moving around the building.
- We also ask that if you or anyone in your household isn’t feeling well in the days leading up to the Sunday service, that the entire household stay home and watch the online service together.
- As we reopen, things will look and feel different than what we are used to. For instance, we won’t have our coffee station set up, but you can bring your own! Our drinking fountain is also covered up but you can bring your own drink container and use the bottle filler on the water fountain. The atrium will not be open for our usual time of fellowship before and after service, but you can fellowship before and after service outside. We are currently not inviting people forward to receive prayer at the end of our service, so we are encouraging prayer ministry to happen in our Life Groups. If you are not currently a part of a Life Group and you’d like to be, email [email protected].
All of these precautions are as much for others as they are for ourselves and we appreciate your cooperation with these things.
Updates and Community Resources
We want to be highly practical as the literal hands and feet of Christ. If you have ANY need, such as those listed below, please contact us directly at [email protected] or call (740) 235-4525 Ext. 0.
- Financial Needs
- Running Errands
If you have one of these needs, or any other needs we can help to meet, we want to know. We look forward to the opportunity to come alongside you in an even greater practical way during this time. Additionally, if you have any resources that may be of help to others in this time of need, please let us know that as well.
Our 3 primary areas to disseminate information in the weeks to come will be:
We encourage you to monitor these on a regular basis, as we will be giving updates and additional information and resources as often as necessary.
Meeting the Needs
We expect to see an increase in the needs of those in our church family and the surrounding communities. We want to encourage you to continue in the giving of your tithes and offerings so that we can help meet those needs as they arise. As a reminder, we set aside at least 10% of all your giving to Life Church, for benevolence and to meet those specific needs. We thank you in advance for your continued faithfulness in giving to the Lord through Life Church.
There are several ways to continue in your giving:
- Send your check to Life Church, PO BOX 185, Pleasantville, OH 43148
- Set up Life Church on your Bill Pay through your bank (just like you do your mortgage/rent, utilities, etc)
- Set up automatic giving through our website
- Text the amount you would like to give to: 740-218-5518
Life Groups and Other Gatherings
Regarding our weekly Life Groups and other regular gatherings, those gatherings are primarily happening virtually. However, given the size and ability to maintain safety with smaller gatherings, the choice to gather is really up to the discretion of Life Group Leaders and group members. Several are beginning to have gatherings outside as weather cooperates. Leaders, please contact your group members to make the best determination for your group. “Virtual Meetings” are an excellent alternative to our regular gatherings and help us to continue to promote connectedness. If you are not currently connected to a Life Group but would like to be, please email [email protected].
Family on a MISSION
I think it goes without saying that these are strange times we are living in and can lead to us feeling unconnected and isolated. We must be intentional and work extra hard to remain spiritually and relationally connected, to God and to one another. Here are some great tools to help you do that:
- Join us in-person for our Sunday morning worship service at 10am every Sunday. Use our RSVP system when you’re ready to join us.
- Join us online Sunday mornings at 10am on Facebook and YouTube,and watch archives on our Website
- Request a FREE RightNow Media account if you don’t already have one and utilize the thousands of biblically based online video teachings and children’s programming.
- Connect with a Life Group. Most have been doing “virtual meetings” (through Facebook Messenger Video Chat, Zoom Meetings, Google Hangouts, Google Duo, and other online video conferencing apps), but as things are opening up, many are making plans to gather outdoors. If you aren’t connected to a Life Group but would like to be, email [email protected].Or a good old fashioned phone call! (Contact the church office if you need access to the church directory)
Regardless of how you decide to do so, PLEASE remain connected. Meet each other’s needs. We need each other. We need each other’s encouragement, peace, reassurance and on and on.
It is important that we remember that at Life Church, we are A Family On A MISSION. And that mission has just been brought more clearly into focus. We will continue to love God, and love and serve our neighbors as ourselves. The practicals of how we do that may change, and the frequency at which we serve others will hopefully increase, but the why we serve will never change. We simply follow in the footsteps of our Lord Jesus. Matthew 20:28 says, “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Jesus is on the move! He is softening the hearts of those who are willing to come to Him. As ambassadors of Christ, we have the opportunity to share the reason for the hope we have. We may not be able to give specific answers to the countless questions, BUT we can minister the peace we have personally experienced and have through Christ, and not merely in “word and speech” but in action and in truth.
Jesus is working for the good in this situation. Let’s join Him church family! We are His hands and feet and we are better together!
Again, as we slowly re-open our Sunday services, we ask that, EVERY WEEK, one person from your household use our RSVP system Include the number that plan to attend the service in the sanctuary, and our Children’s & Youth classes. For those of you who are not quite ready, we are committed to continue hosting a high quality online experience as well. We will continue to keep you updated via our Website, Facebook Page & Emails.
We love you, Life Church Family!
Pastor Mitch & Lara
2020 Women’s Conference RESCHEDULED
Our 2020 Women’s Conference has been rescheduled for August 21-22. All paid registrations will be honored. If you were registered for this event in the spring, you should have received an email with this information. If you didn’t receive that email, please email [email protected]. We are excited to gather together for this special event!